Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tori & Gizmo

Before Torrance was born Gizmo was the baby. I am still not sure how he feels about the whole thing but I think he is a little jealous and likes to sit alone and pout sometimes. We still love him and I can't wait to see how he interacts with Tori once she is old enough to pull his tail... :) Also I think he will be her little guard dog even though he is somewhat of a sissy!
Torrance is our everything but Gizmo means alot to us. In fact...a little story-
About 3 weeks ago I was taking out some dirty diapers to the trash. I came back in the door and as I did that I was talking on the phone. Shut the door(at least I though I did). I went back to the bedroom and started feeding Tori. Then I realized Gizmo wasn't around so I assumed he was by the back door ready to go potty. I asked Justin to let him out and before I knew it Justin was running to get dress and said "you left the front door wide open" (it had probably been 20 min since I had taken out the garbage). Gizmo had fled the house. I just couldn't believe it. Justin drove around the neigborhood looking for him for about 20 min and still hadn't found him. I was home with Tori so I did what I could to help. I called every animal shelter in town. As I did that I was bawling. The worst part was he didn't have his collar on so anyone could have taken him. After about 30 min Justin finally returned home empty handed. He came in the door and saw that I had been crying so he went to the back door and in ran Gizmo. Justin had tricked me. He found him 1 block from our house and Gizmo ran straight to his truck once he heard Justin's voice. That was quite an ordeal for a recent pregnant woman to go through. Anyways he is a special dog and we love him.

3 comments:

  1. Holy hell! That story! Justin is such a shit! haha. Harlo is good, she is 3 weeks old today! It's crazy. She has been totally gut laughing in her sleep! It is the cutest thing ever, but it's so short that I can never get Brady to see it, let alone get it on camera! I can't wait til she starts actually giggling in her concious mind =) Are you going back to work full time? Where are you guys living now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ape! It's Bethany! I found your blog through Tiff's! I am so glad you have one! I love being updated on your adorable baby, she is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you got a blog!!
    I am glad you guys found Gizmo! :)
    Torrance is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete